Sibiu – One of the Best European Destinations to Visit in 2020
Which other destination can offer Bruges or Parisian-level culture and gastronomy, be as instagrammable as Prague or Santorini, as romantic as Rome or Venice? Look no further than Sibiu (in Transylvania).
There’s poetry and beauty on every street corner and eyes on every roof. This rich city, one of the most visited in Romania, represents 800 years of history in an unspoilt setting yet remains one of the most modern and dynamic cities in Europe.
A gastronomic tourism destination – the only city in Romania to be awarded three Michelin stars — Sibiu is a destination for history buffs, outdoor activities fans, photographers and hikers.
forbes.com | February 2020
At the dawn of the new decade, not only is a new generation of tourists coming is being formed but there is also mass awareness of climate change, and how every individual needs to be more responsible with the environment.
From increased connectivity internationally to the advent of sustainable tourism, the world of travel has changed dramatically in the past ten years. People become more aware of the impact of tourism and travelling, they are more interested in travelling with a reason influenced by political and economic perspectives, climate change, family background, environment threats.
Tourism is such a big industry and soemtimes its impact might be dramatic. Therefore, our main mission is to embrace the new trends and support sustainable tourism within our destination. We guide ourselves after several values and we want to promote:
- Eco-friendly tours | Green Travel: we enjoy nature, hiking, trekking, biking, wildlife watching without affecting its integrity and biodiversity in any way.
- Off the beaten path tours: tourism can have a dramatic over the communities and many places around the world face over-tourism. This can damage the local people and the environment and, in the same time, it may become unpleasant and uncomfortable also for the travellers. Hence, we suggest you to take a wild break and discover new destinations and live new experiences!
- Ancestry Travel: home DNA tests have been available for a while but their potential for inspiring travel to the places where people’s forebears are from is only just gathering pace. According to CNTraveller, 26 million people had taken an ancestry DNA test at home, and Airbnb’s recent partnership with DNA lab 23andMe now helps to encourage travellers to go in search of their roots. As nationalist attitudes seem to be on the rise, the counter trend will see individuals seeking out shared genetic links and cultural synergies. So, we are happy to provide you the necessary support to find your ancesters in Transylvania!
- Alternative forms of accommodation: a new experience might be even trying a different type of accommodation (especially eco-friendly, special or out-of-common, typical for the area, comfortable and cosy, intimate and unique). Therefore, we’re happy to suggest you boutique hotels, traditional households, former Saxon and Hungarian mannors, a clay castle, an ice-hotel or igloo village and even a sheepfold in the mountains. We can only visit them and learn more about environmentally friendly accommodation.
- Short breaks (sometimes, in last minute planning): we live in a busy high-tech society and many tourists prefer to take short breaks of just a few days to relax rather than longer vacation. Thanks to technology we can book our trips anytime, anywhere. In the season, even though it’s pretty difficult, we try to provide our services for tourists who book last minute. It is easier in winter-time but we’ll do our best also from May to October.
- Motion based travel: from walk throughs in the countryside and hiking in the mountains to cycle-based trips in picturesque places like the Transylvanian Highlands is having a moment.
- Spartan trips: they combine the idea of a digital detox with minimalist living, whereby you travel with as little as possible. The idea is to free people up, physically as well as mentally, and to help them connect with their self and their surroundings by setting off on a tech-free hike, as well as visiting local people, staying in place with no Internet connection, eating home-made products.
Dear guests, it is our main mission and responsability to make your stay in Sibiu/ Transylvania an unforgettable one! We are proud that you trust us and we’ll do our best to reach your expectation and, together with you, tailor a great vacation!